Inner Bonding® is a psychospiritual process that helps you build a stronger Inner Loving Adult.
Your Loving Adult is the part of you that:
- Is consistently connected to your Feeling Self/Inner Child and your Higher Self/Higher Guidance
- Expresses your essence
- Takes Personal Responsibility
- Is Open to Learning about the good reasons for your painful feelings and unloving behaviors
- Manages and heals your Reactive Self/Wounded Child Self
- Explores the false beliefs of your Wounded Self, identifies the truth and then takes Loving Actions that help you feel higher self-worth, peaceful, joyful and loved.
Growing up, you may not have had parents who modeled personal responsibility and who unconditionally loved you. As a child, you created a false belief system based on how you saw your parents treat each other, themselves and you. Although your false beliefs helped you to survive your childhood, they no longer serve you and are now causing your pain. Common false beliefs include:
- I’m selfish if I take care of myself
- Others cause my feelings
- I’m responsible for others’ feelings and behaviors
- I can’t handle my pain
- I’m unlovable
- I can control others
The Six Steps of Inner Bonding® give you a way to uncover your false beliefs, heal your childhood trauma and release your creativity, passion and joy.
The Six Steps of Inner Bonding
- Feel your feelings and take 100% responsibility for either causing your wounded feelings in the present or managing core feelings that are a result of life situations.
- Consciously connect to your Higher Guidance/Higher Self. Move into compassion for your feelings by telling yourself that you have good reasons for having these feelings and then open to learning about what those reasons are.
- Talk with the part of you that is having the feelings (your core inner child) and then the part of you (your wounded inner child) that is telling yourself or doing something that is causing your feelings. Identify any false beliefs from childhood and release your feelings.
- Ask your Higher Guidance/Higher Self for the truth about your beliefs and then identify the loving action that is in your highest good
- Take the loving action.
- Evaluate the action: Are you feeling more self-worth?
Inner Bonding® can help you learn how to:
- Value yourself and not take others’ behavior personally
- Move into compassion for yourself rather than judge yourself
- Express anger in a healthy way rather than use anger to control others or avoid feeling your feelings
- Fill yourself with happiness rather than looking for others to make you feel happy, worthy and whole
- Define your self-worth internally rather than externally