The Serenity Prayer, also known as ‘the Acceptance Prayer', helps us remember the importance of serenity, acceptance, courage and wisdom. It reads: God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference. For those … [Read More]
You’re probably wondering whatever happened to the person you fell in love with. Where is that person who understood your every need?
Do you even remember the last time your partner tried to understand your point of view? You would even settle for a little empathy. And why does every little thing have to turn into an argument?
You’ve tried everything you can think of to make your relationship work. So you're probably thinking what's going to be different this time with marriage counseling?
A lot! In your initial marriage counseling session with me, you're going to experience a different kind of conversation with your partner where:
- You get to share your feelings without being interrupted or told you're wrong
- You feel appreciated rather than being taken for granted or having your feelings discounted
- Your partner listens to you, validates your point of view and demonstrates empathy
- You feel like you're on the same couples team rather than one or both of you trying to be right
- You replace arguing with understanding
If you're ready to learn these new couples skills so you can feel more hopeful about your relationship and start to rekindle your romance, then contact me to schedule a free 15-minute consultation to find out more about couples counseling.